The carpet in the home endures foot traffic and other wear and tear of various household activities over the years. Besides providing comfort underfoot, it also enhances the beauty of a home. But, with the passage of time, the carpet ages, thins out and becomes flat.
Commercial carpets are mainly used in business places but can also be used in residential places. Commercial carpets are best known for their short pile and tightly looped styles and are designed to withstand heavy foot traffic and last long. Hence, these rugs offer practical flooring solutions besides providing aesthetics for your home.
Types of material used in commercial carpets
Commercial carpet is often thicker and constructed with appropriate material to hold up the stresses of heavy foot traffic.
- Olefin Carpet Fibers: Olefin fiber carpets are mold, stain and moisture resistant. Olefin fiber carpets are less expensive in comparison to nylon carpets.
- Nylon Carpet Fibers: Dyed nylon is extremely durable. They stand up well against wear & tear and offer great texture retention.
- Wool Blend Carpet Fibers: Natural wool is blended with one of the three synthetic carpet fibers like nylon, olefin, or polyester. Best in terms of durability and offers superior performance in high traffic areas
- Wool Carpet Fibers: They hold their shape, stains, oils and fire resistant and they can even offer insulation.
- Polyester Carpet Fibers: These are the strongest carpets that last long and are much softer than nylon material.
Why commercial carpets are good for homes?
There are several reasons to use commercial carpets for residential purposes:
Longevity: These rugs are crafted by keeping their longevity in mind. High-quality materials and robust manufacturing techniques are used in construction to withstand wear and tear for an extended period. These carpets are ideal for busy households.
Stain Resistance: They incorporate built-in stain-resistant features that are beneficial for households with kids or pets, and they can repel spills and prevent stains from going deep into the carpet fibres. Maintaining the commercial carpet is easy, and it looks fresh and new.
Versatile: These rugs are available in various colours, patterns, and styles that suit interior design preferences. You can play with styles by creating a more professional and refined look or an inviting and cosy environment that complements your home décor.
Cost-effective: Although commercial carpets have higher costs than residential ones, due to their long-lasting feature, they will not need replacement with a lower maintenance cost, making them cost-effective in the long run.
Commercial carpets are the best choice for residential space as they bring durability, longevity, versatility, and cost-effectiveness.